Tamboureeeee!

We loved the look of the upper lockers with their cool tambour doors, but weren’t sure we could get them cleaned up, repaired, and working properly. They were pretty nasty and a couple of the doors needed repaired.  After we removed the contact paper from the wood, we discovered the thick layer of glue that remained. Sanding it just created a gummed up mess and we weren’t sure the odor would ever go away, even with paint. We would have to replace the wood. Taking them apart wasn’t bad after we figured out how they were put together. There were small metal clips that slid over the edges of the wood and literally “snapped” into place. Pretty ingenious actually!  After some major cleaning  of the metal and plastic pieces,  we put them all back together and painted them the same color as the walls.  A shot of spray silicon in the plastic guides and they all work perfect!

Next project…new flooring!

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

Advertisements