We had been debating our end caps for some time, and decided they had to go. The rear bath one for sure. Our tub was damaged beyond repair and the counter top sink area was almost as bad. We had already purchased a shower pan and tried to incorporate the end cap into the design but, it’s just wasn’t working. After we took out the rear one and got a look at what we needed to do, we took out the front one too!
Our plan was to make new ones out of wood. The rear one we would make out of some 1/8 plywood that was given to us, and paint it the same color as the rest of the interior. The front one would be birch plywood. You can see how we did it in the pictures. We made some ribs to attach the panels to, backed them with styro-foam block spacers, made our patterns out of cardboard, cut the panels, riveted them up, then cut trim strips and riveted them to it. We used washers with the rivets on the back of the wood anywhere we could get to. We were thrilled with the way it turned out…especially after it was painted!